Investing made easy with our investment platform
Our institutional investment platform is for investors who prefer to design customised investment portfolios. Through our platform, institutional clients can construct and tailor portfolios to suit their needs. We understand that you often have unique investment goals and objectives. Our experienced team, state-of-the-art systems and robust governance structure enables us to construct world-class bespoke investment portfolios.
Our global reach
We offer access to more than 60 local and global investment managers as well as more than 200 unique investment mandates, spanning traditional and niche asset classes. We can expand our offering, should you want access to additional investment mandates and/or managers.
A wide range of investment managers and mandates at negotiated institutional fees.
Highly experienced team
A staff complement of more than 200 specialists and support staff, who are highly experienced across the full range of investment disciplines.
World-class technology systems and infrastructure, where we combine best-of-class, off-the-shelf systems with proprietary software, to ensure fit-for-purpose technology and digital solutions.
Market-leading governance and oversight
An exceptionally strong governance, compliance and oversight framework.
Why choose our investment platform?
Our goal is to offer our clients the best possible value for money. We have more than R300 billion in assets managed and administered on our institutional platform. We offer clients the peace of mind which comes with partnering with a large listed insurance company and we couple this with unparalleled flexibility to make sure your specific requirements are met.
Our capabilities include
- Daily unitisation services and pricing of portfolios
- Cash flow management with optimised rebalancing
- Monitoring of management and performance fees charged by investment managers
- Legal services, including review and/or assistance with contracting with investment managers, clients and third parties
- Risk services which include investment and operational due diligences on service providers, where required
- Dedicated client support team
- Statutory functions in terms of finance, governance, licensing, etc.
- Reviews on asset liability modelling
- Portfolio management, where applicable
- Transition management
- Technical investment relationship management
The reporting we provide includes
- Consolidated investment administration reporting
- Consolidated financial accounting information
- Comprehensive report pack at client financial year ends to enable annual external audit
- Quarterly regulatory and investment compliance reporting across various regulated licenses, for example Regulation 28 and Sarb reporting
- Detailed fee validation and reporting including total expense ratio and total investment costs
- Monthly fact sheets
- Investment return reporting and risk analysis reporting
- Online transactional and web- based client reporting on alpahlabsuite.com
- Banking services and reconciliations
Meet the team
Head: Institutional Investment Platform
Industry experience: 13 years
Senior Client Fund Manager
Industry experience: 18 years