This option provides extensive hospital cover through a choice of providers, 10% Savings for day-to-day medical expenses, and additional Chronic Benefits.
- Use Associated hospitals to save on your monthly contribution.
- Our maternity programme includes comprehensive benefits to take care of you during your pregnancy.
- If you need to save more than 10% of your contribution for day-to-day medical expenses, you can use HealthSaver+
R2 794 per month
You can access any GP for your chronic scripts and any pharmacy for your chronic medication.
Save on your monthly contribution by selecting a list of Associated GPs for your chronic script and Medipost courier pharmacy for your chronic medication.
You can use State facilities for your chronic script, medication and treatment to maximise your contribution savings.
Health Platform Benefit
Provides cover for a range of benefits, such as preventative screening tests, certain check-ups, and more.
See how much you can save
Calculate how much you can save as a single member.
Medical aid contribution savings
This is how much you can save on the Custom Option as a single member.
1. Select hospital provider
Your choice for planned procedures. In the event of an emergency, you can go to any hospital, regardless of your hospital choice.
2. Select chronic provider
Chronic medication is the treatment for certain life-threatening conditions that need ongoing treatment.
- Certain in-hospital dental and oral benefits are covered from the In-hospital Benefit.
- Co-payments may apply, depending on the procedure.
- No annual limit.
- You need to pay a co-payment of R2 770 per scan.
- Anti-retroviral treatment: No annual limit applies at a preferred provider.
- HIV-related hospital admissions: R87 900 per family at your chosen hospital provider.
- 10% of your contribution goes to a built-in Savings account, to cover your day-to-day expenses.
- Your Savings account is credited in advance for the year and any unused Savings balance at the end of the year will be carried forward to the following benefit year.
- You can add HealthSaver+ to save even more for day-to-day medical expenses.
- Dental specialist accounts for extraction of impacted wisdom teeth in doctors’ rooms covered from Major Medical Benefit at 100% of the Momentum Medical Scheme Rate. You need to pay a R1 670 co-payment.
- Other specialised dentistry subject to Savings. If no Savings available, paid out-of-pocket or from HealthSaver+ if applicable.
Health Platform Benefit
- baby immunisations covered up to the age of 6,
- flu vaccines,
- pneumococcal vaccines, and
- tetanus-diphtheria injections.
- bone density scans,
- pap smears,
- dental consultations,
- general physical examinations,
- prostate specific antigens,
- health assessments,
- cholesterol tests,
- blood sugar tests, and
- HIV tests.
- a urine test,
- 2 pregnancy scans,
- certain antenatal pathology tests,
- 2 doula visits,
- 2 paediatrician visits in baby’s first year,
- online antenatal and postnatal classes,
- online video consultation with a lactation specialist, and
- 3 nurse home visits; first visit after returning from the hospital, as well as 2 and 6 weeks later.
This is only a summary of our benefits. Read the Incentive Option brochure for more details. Momentum Medical Scheme rules apply.
An incentive programme that rewards you for taking ownership of your health. We aim to help you stay informed about your health status and reward you for staying healthy.
A voluntary savings account that works seamlessly with your medical aid. It pays for treatments and procedures not covered by
R40 per year
Get free expert health advice from qualified South African medical doctors through your phone or mobile device, 24/7/365.