Affordable hospital plan
This medical aid plan includes:
- An affordable hospital plan.
- Customisable savings through HealthSaver+.
- Free preventative screening benefits.
R2 149 per month
Any private hospital
These are any private hospitals within
Save on your monthly contributions by using a specific network of private hospitals.
These are State facilities that are administered by the Department of Health.
You can choose to have access to any GP for your chronic scripts and any pharmacy for your chronic medication.
Save on your monthly contribution by using a list of Associated GPs for your chronic script and Medipost courier pharmacy for your chronic medication.
You can choose to use State facilities for your chronic script, medication and treatment to obtain the maximum contribution saving.
Free health screening cover
Provides cover for a range of benefits, such as preventative screening tests, certain check-ups, and more.
See how much you can save
Calculate how much you can save as a single member.
Medical aid contribution savings
This is how much you can save on the Custom Option as a single member.
1. Select hospital provider
Your choice for planned procedures. In the event of a medical emergency, you can go to any hospital, regardless of your hospital choice.
2. Select chronic provider
Your choice of provider for chronic medication and treatment.
R1 830 applies per authorisation, except for motor vehicle accidents, maternity confinements, and emergency treatment.
- Associated specialists are covered in full.
- Other specialists are covered up to 100% of the Momentum Medical Scheme Rate.
- Hospital accounts are covered in full at the rate agreed upon with the hospital group.
- Certain in-hospital dental and oral benefits are covered by Major Medical Benefit.
- Co-payments may apply, depending on the procedure.
- Oncology is covered up to R300 000 per beneficiary per year, thereafter a 20% co-payment applies.
- Momentum Medical Scheme reference pricing applies to chemotherapy and adjuvant (supplementary) medication.
- No annual limit.
- You need to pay a co-payment of R3 050 per scan and obtain pre-authorisation.
- Anti-retroviral treatment: No annual limit applies at a preferred provider.
- HIV-related hospital admissions: R81 300 per family at your chosen hospital provider.
Health Platform Benefit
- baby immunisations covered up to the age of 6,
- flu vaccines,
- tetanus-diphtheria injections, and more.
- bone density scans,
- pap smears,
- dental consultations,
- general physical examinations,
- prostate specific antigens,
- health assessments,
- cholesterol tests,
- blood sugar tests, and
- HIV tests.
- a urine test
- certain antenatal pathology tests,
- 2 pregnancy scans,
- 2 doula visits,
- 2 nurse home visits; first visit after returning from the hospital, as well as 2 weeks later, and
- 2 paediatricians visits in baby’s first year.
This is only a summary of our benefits. Read the Custom Option brochure for more details. Momentum Medical Scheme rules apply.
An incentive programme that rewards you for taking ownership of your health. We aim to help you stay informed about your health status and reward you for staying healthy.
A voluntary savings account that works seamlessly with your medical aid. It pays for treatments and procedures not covered by
R40 per year
Get free expert health advice from qualified South African medical doctors through your phone or mobile device, 24/7/365.