Get affordable medical aid cover with the Ingwe Option. It’s great if you’re a first-time earner or a student needing affordable medical aid cover in South Africa. Even though it’s an entry-level medical aid plan, you get hospital and day-to-day cover and chronic illness benefits when you use the network providers.
- Affordable access to entry-level cover.
- Hospitalisation cover from Any hospital, the Ingwe Network of private or State hospitals.
- Your contribution is based on your income and family composition.
R541 per month
Any private hospital
These are any private hospitals within
Ingwe Network of hospitals
Save on your monthly contributions by using a specific network of private hospitals.
These are public hospitals that the Department of Health administers.
- Hospital accounts are covered in full at the rate agreed upon with the hospital group.
- Accounts for specialists are covered up to 100% of the Momentum Medical Scheme Rate.
- Anti-retroviral treatment: R38 500 per family at preferred provider.
- HIV-related hospital admissions: R39 000 per family at your chosen hospital provider.
- No built-in savings.
- You can add HealthSaver+to supplement your day-to-day benefits.
- Unlimited GP visits
- From the 11th visit onwards, you’ll need pre-authorisation from the Scheme for it to be covered.
- You also get 3 virtual doctor consultations per beneficiary per year from the GP Virtual Consultation Network, which includes Hello Doctor. Consultations include scripting of medication where required.
- 1 standard eye test.
- 1 pair of clear standard or bi-focal lenses with a standard frame.
- Benefits available per beneficiary every 2 years.
- 1 consultation per beneficiary every year, plus extractions, fillings, and x-rays.
- Specialised dentistry, such as braces, is not covered by the Scheme.
- 2 visits per family every year.
- Limited to R1 290 per visit and up to a maximum of R2 580 per family per year.
- Covered at 100% of the Momentum Medical Scheme Rate.
Health Platform Benefit
- baby immunisations covered in private facilities for baby’s 1st year up to R2 800,
- flu vaccines,
- tetanus-diphtheria injections, and more.
- pap smears,
- dental consultations,
- general physical examinations,
- prostate specific antigens,
- health assessments,
- cholesterol tests,
- blood sugar tests,
- HIV tests, and other tests.
- a urine test,
- certain antenatal pathology tests,
- 1 paediatrician visit in baby's first year,
- 2 pregnancy scans, and
- a nurse home visit after returning home from the hospital.
This is only a summary of our benefits. Read the Ingwe Option brochure for more details. Momentum Medical Scheme rules apply.
A voluntary savings account that works seamlessly with your medical aid. It pays for treatments and procedures not covered by your option.
R40 per year
Get free expert health advice from qualified South African medical doctors through your phone or mobile device, 24/7/365.