A savings account that works seamlessly with your medical aid regardless of which option you choose. You can save for additional day-to-day medical expenses, such as co-payments, refractive eye surgery, vitamins, and more. With a HealthSaver account you can also:
- Pay your Momentum Medical Scheme contribution.
- Fund your child’s education.
- Buy a fitness device.
R40 per year
Benefits of having HealthSaver
HealthSaver is seamlessly integrated with Momentum Medical Scheme, which makes it the most convenient way to pay for medical treatments and procedures, not covered by your medical aid option.
Earn up to 10% interest or pay 0% interest on credit
Earn interest on your positive HealthSaver balance, and pay as little as 0% interest on credit, based on your Healthy Heart Score and Active Dayz™ (or the result of your
Receive up to R3 000 in HealthReturns a month per family
You don’t have to pay money into your HealthSaver - it could simply be the savings account where you receive your HealthReturns+, an incentive programme that rewards you for taking ownership of
Access funds with the Momentum HealthSaver Card
Your shopping experience just got much faster with the HealthSaver Card. You can use your card at a healthcare provider, pharmacy or even a vet in South Africa to use the funds in your HealthSaver.
How to calculate your interest
If you use the credit facility, we charge you interest of prime plus 6%. The interest rate that we charge will change if the prime interest rate changes. As the principal member, your Healthy Heart Score, and activity level can reduce the interest you pay on credit to 0%, or help you earn up to 10% interest on your Momentum HealthSaver balance.
What does HealthSaver pay for?
- Services provided by a registered healthcare provider, provided they have a tariff code.
- Medical claims that exceed available scheme benefits, such as specialised dentistry.
- Treatment that is excluded by the scheme, such as cosmetic surgery.
- Co-payments payable for hospitalisation, MRI and CT scans, specialised dentistry, or medication.
- Fitness assessments at Multiply’s health professionals’ network. View the list of health professionals.
- You can even use your positive HealthSaver funds to pay your medical aid contribution, boost your retirement, or pay for your child's education expenses.
- Buy a fitness device on the Multiply online shop directly from your HealthSaver account, using HealthSaver, HealthReturns Booster and credit facility, if you have it.
- Multiply affiliated gym fees – if you submit your bank statement or an invoice to us showing that you paid your gym fees (you need to have joined this gym via Multiply), we will manually reimburse you from your Momentum HealthSaver account. View the list of gymsyou can use.
- Use the positive balance in your HealthSaver account to donate a GP visit to anyone in need by buying a NetcarePlus voucher online with your HealthSaver Card, and the recipient can use the voucher to visit any NetcarePlus GP.
Accessing your HealthSaver funds
You can access your HealthSaver funds with the HealthSaver Card. The card allows you to pay for purchases and services upfront from your available HealthSaver funds at the following providers and retailers:
- Doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies.
- Dentists and orthodontists.
- Medical services, medical and dental laboratories.
- Medical, dental, ophthalmic and hospital equipment and suppliers.
- Orthopaedic goods, such as prosthetic devices.
- Osteopaths, chiropractors, chiropodists, and podiatrists.
- Optometrists, ophthalmologists, opticians, optical goods, and prescription glasses.
- Nursing and personal care.
- Ambulance services.
- Hearing aid sales and supplies.
- Veterinary services.
Want to know more?
For more information, view the HealthSaver brochure and navigate to the relevant section.
- Adding funds to your HealthSaver account.
- Applying for credit.
- How to claim from HealthSaver.
- Payment of Scheme contributions.
- Funding your child’s education expenses.