Retirement annuity benefit claim
The retirement annuity policy provides benefits that are payable to dependents and/or nominees of the deceased according to the rules of the fund. Once we receive the required documentation, we will refer the claim to the trustees of the retirement annuity fund. They will determine to whom the proceeds are payable. We will then inform the claimant of the options available to the recipients, and of any additional requirements.
Retirement annuity benefit claim requirements
- A copy of the death certificate (BI-5).
- A copy of the deceased insured life’s identity document or birth certificate (if younger than 18 years).
- A copy of the notice of death/still birth (DHA-1663) obtainable from the doctor who declared the death.
- The application for payment of a death claim on a retirement fund form (CLAIM010) completed and signed by the claimant or authorised representative of the claimant(s). Each page must be initialled (available on request).
- If death is due to unnatural causes, the unnatural death claim form (CLAIM003) is also required and must be completed by the Investigating Police Officer (available on request).
- The POPIA consent form (CLAIM026) completed and signed by the claimant or authorised representative of the claimant.
- A copy of the deceased's last will and testament.
- A copy of the marriage certificate or proof of marriage (if applicable).
- A copy of the divorce order and settlement agreement (if applicable).
- A copy of the identity document/birth certificate for each potential dependant.
- A copy of the most recent beneficiary nomination form.
- Copies of the latest payslips of the deceased and all the potential dependents.
- Proof of banking details, in the name of each dependant, not older than three months on a bank letterhead or that has a bank stamp on it.
Contact details to submit a retirement annuity claim
Fax: +27 12 675 3947