What does it cover?
The Ingwe Option provides affordable access to entry-level cover for hospitalisation with no overall annual limit. You can choose to have access to any hospital, the Ingwe Network of private hospitals or State hospitals for an even lower monthly contribution.
For chronic treatment and Day-to-day Benefits, such as GP visits or prescribed medicine, you may only consult Ingwe Primary Care Network providers or Ingwe Active Primary Care Network providers, depending on your provider choice.
Our Health Platform Benefit provides cover for a range of preventative care benefits available from your Ingwe Primary Care Network or Ingwe Active Primary Care Network provider.
Major Medical Benefit
This benefit covers hospitalisation as well as some out-of-hospital procedures that can be safely performed in a doctor's room, registered day clinic, or out-patient facility.
Major Medical Benefits are available at Any, Ingwe Network or State hospitals.
- Specialists are covered up to 100% of Momentum Health Rate. Hospital accounts are covered in full at the rate agreed upon with the hospital group.
- Maternity benefit will pay R28 600 for every normal birth and R41 900 for an emergency caesarean.
- Neonatal intensive care limited to R60 100 per confinement.
- R400 000 oncology cover per beneficiary every year.
- Organ transplant limited to Prescribed Minimum Benefits* at State facilities.
- MRI and CT scans, magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography, whole body radioisotope and PET scans limited to Prescribed Minimum Benefits* at State facilities.
- Medical rehabilitation, and step-down facilities limited to R12 500 per beneficiary every year.
- Seven days’ supply of take home medication.
- Certain specialised procedures/treatments are covered, when clinically appropriate, in and out of hospital.
This benefit takes care of certain life-threatening conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease, that need ongoing treatment.
Chronic Benefits are available at Ingwe Primary Care Network or Ingwe Active Primary Care Network.
It covers 26 conditions under Prescribed Minimum Benefits* according to the Chronic Disease List.
This benefit covers your everyday medical expenses, such as doctors' visits and prescribed medication.
Day-to-day Benefits are available at Ingwe Primary Care Network providers.
There is no savings built into this option, but you can add on HealthSaver.
You have unlimited GP visits. From the 11th visit onwards, you need pre-authorisation from the Scheme for it to be covered.
You get 1 eye test, 1 pair of clear standard or bi-focal lenses with a standard frame, per beneficiary every 2 years.
You get 1 basic dentistry consultation per beneficiary every year (extractions, fillings and x-rays only). Specialised dentistry such as braces is not covered by the Scheme.
Prescribed medication is subject to a list of medicine referred to as the prescribed formulary.
Limited to Prescribed Minumum Benefits* at State facilities.
You get 2 visits per family every year, limited to R1 000 per visit. Covered at 100% of the Momentum Health Rate.
Health Platform Benefit
A unique benefit that encourages health awareness, enhances quality of life and gives peace of mind through preventative care and early detection tests.
The Health Platform Benefits are available at Ingwe Primary Care Network providers.
Includes baby immunisations, flu vaccines, as well as tetanus diphtheria injections.
Early detection tests
Includes pap smears, dental consultations, general physical examinations, prostate specific antigens, health assessments, cholesterol tests, blood sugar tests and HIV tests.
Women registered on our maternity programme get 4 antenatal visits which include a urine test and two growth scans.
Health management programme
For the management of diabetes, hypertension, HIV/Aids, oncology, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, chronic renal failure, organ transplants and cholesterol.
24-hour emergency health advice.
Emergency evacuation in South Africa by Netcare 911.