The option to choose if you would like comprehensive hospital cover from a choice of providers (co-payment may apply), Day-to-day Benefits (subject to HealthSaver), and standard Chronic Benefits.from
R1 642 per month
What does it Cover?
The Custom Option provides cover for hospitalisation in private hospitals with no overall annual limit. You can choose to have access to any hospital, or choose to receive a discount on your contribution by electing to use a specific list of private hospitals (referred to as Associated hospitals).
For chronic treatment you can choose to have access to any doctor for your prescriptions and any pharmacy for your chronic medication. Or, you can choose to receive a further discount on your contribution by electing to use a list of Associated doctors for your chronic prescription and Medipost courier pharmacy for your chronic medication. Alternatively, you can elect to use State facilities for your chronic prescription and chronic medication to obtain the maximum contribution discount.
Our Health Platform Benefit provides cover for a range of benefits such as preventative screening tests, certain check-ups and more.
Major Medical Benefit
This benefit covers hospitalisation as well as some out-of-hospital procedures that can be safely performed in a doctor's room, registered day clinic, or out-patient facility. A co-payment of R1 570 applies per authorisation, except for motor vehicle accidents, maternity confinements, and emergency treatment.
Major Medical Benefits are available at Any or Associated hospitals.
- Associated specialists are covered in full. Other specialists are covered up to 100% of the Momentum Health Rate. Hospital accounts are covered in full at the rate agreed upon with the hospital group.
- No annual limit on maternity confinement and neonatal intensive care.
- Oncology is covered at R300 000 per beneficiary per year, thereafter a 20% co-payment applies. Momentum Health reference pricing applies to chemotherapy and adjuvant medication.
- No annual limit for organ transplant recipients.
- No annual limit for MRI and CT scans, magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography, whole body radioisotope and PET scans. You will need to pay R2 620 per scan and obtain pre-authorisation.
- R51 100 per family for medical rehabilitation, private nursing, hospice and step-down facilities.
- Seven days’ supply of take home medication.
- Certain specialised procedures/treatments are covered, when clinically appropriate, in and out of hospital.
Day-to-day needs such as GP visits, specialist visits, eye care, dentistry, prescribed medicine and mental health are paid by you or from HealthSaver if available.
Health Platform Benefit
A unique benefit that encourages health awareness, enhances quality of life and gives peace of mind through preventative care and early detection tests.
The Health Platform Benefits are available at Any or Associated providers.
Includes baby immunisations, flu vaccines, as well as tetanus diphtheria injections.
Early detection tests
Includes pap smears, dental consultations, general physical examinations, prostate specific antigens, health assessments, cholesterol tests, blood sugar tests and HIV tests.
Women registered on our maternity programme get 12 antenatal visits which include a urine test, two pregnancy scans, and two visits to the paediatrician during the baby's first year.
Health management programme
For the management of diabetes, hypertension, HIV/Aids, oncology, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, chronic renal failure, organ transplants and cholesterol.
24-hour emergency health advice.
Emergency evacuation in South Africa by Netcare 911.
International emergency cover by ISOS, covered up to R7,66 million per 90-day journey.
Momentum Multiply rewards and discounts
Get rewarded for living a healthy lifestyle. Complete the Health and Fitness assessment to earn up to R3 000 per family, per month in HealthReturns.