Momentum Fund Bursary Programme
The Momentum Fund Bursary Programme was established to addresses the need for skilled individuals trained in caring for orphaned and vulnerable children as well as the disabled.
This Programme offers postgraduate bursaries to students in the fields of social work, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and disability studies. Grants are also awarded to disabled students in any field of postgraduate study.
Profile of the 2010 bursars
Of the 11 successful bursars in 2010, 8 were female, 7 were white, 3 were Indian and 1 was Black.
- Three are studying at the University of Cape Town
- Three at the University of the Witwatersrand
- Three at the University of KwaZulu-Natal
- One at the University of Free State
- One at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University