You can use additional complementary products from Momentum to seamlessly enhance your medical aid. Save for additional medical expenses with Momentum's HealthSaver.
Momentum's HealthSaver lets you save for additional day-to-day medical expenses, such as co-payments, refractive eye surgery, vitamins and more. In fact, you can even fund your medical aid and or Multiply contribution from your positive HealthSaver balance. Remember, the HealthSaver is a healthcare savings account administered by Momentum. Momentum is not a medical aid, and is a separate entity from Momentum Health.
HealthSaver works seamlessly with your medical aid. It lets you claim for healthcare expenses in the same way you would for benefits covered by your medical aid option - with no transaction or admin fees.
You can also choose to have your HealthReturns paid into it. Which means you can earn up to R12 000 in HealthReturns.
How much is enough?
Budgeting is an important element of financial wellness and if you have the means to track and understand your spending habits it will be easy for you to know how much you can afford to save with HealthSaver.
Register here for the Financial Wellness solutions and activate the MyFinTrack solution. Now you can create a budget and income statement for you and your family at the click of a button.
HealthSaver can be used to pay for any healthcare-related expenses, including:
- Medication - provided it has a NAPPI code
- Services - by a registered healthcare provider, provided it has a tariff code
- Medical claims that exceed your available benefits - like specialised dentistry and refractive eye surgery
- Treatment excluded by your healthcare option - such as cosmetic surgery and other cosmetic procedures
- Co-payments - payable for hospitalisation, MRI and CT scans or chronic medication
- All Momentum Health members qualify for Momentum’s complementary product, namely HealthSaver - activation is subject to completion of an application form.
- Your dependants - HealthSaver medical claims can be made by dependants registered on your membership.
- You do not have to pay money into your HealthSaver, it could simply be the account where you receive your HealthReturns.
- If you wish to make monthly contributions (minimum of R100 per month), you can apply for a credit facility. The maximum annual credit allowed is R24 000.
- No transaction or administration fees are charged so you enjoy the full value of every rand you contribute.
- Cash withdrawals and transfers are not allowed.
- Interest is payable on positive balances of more than R5 000.
- Current and new Momentum Health members may apply for a HealthSaver - by submitting an application form and complying with NCA requirements
- HealthSaver inception date - must be the same as, or after the Momentum Health join date
- HealthSaver claims before the inception date - will not be covered
Note: Momentum has the right to refuse credit to any clients as determined by the NCA and at the discretion of Momentum's financial underwriters after completing an ITC check
- Contribution holidays are available to clients - with a positive balance, and may be granted upon application
- If approved - clients' credit will be suspended, but claims will still be paid from available HealthSaver funds
- Billing is separate from the medical scheme contribution - but may be grouped with other Momentum products e.g. Multiply, HealthWaiver and Advice Fee
- Claims are submitted and paid - via the normal administration process and you'll receive monthly statements reflecting your available balance
- Claims must be submitted with - a practice number, tariff code or NAPPI code
- Click here for HealthSaver terms and conditions