As a Momentum Health member you can choose to make use of complementary products available from Momentum Group (Momentum), a division of MMI Group Limited, to seamlessly enhance your medical aid. Momentum is not a medical scheme and is a separate entity to Momentum Health.
Momentum pays up to R1 000 per member (maximum of R2 000 per family) per month in HealthReturns to Momentum Health members who go for an annual Health Assessment, comply with treatment protocols (where applicable) and are active.
How you can earn HealthReturns
It is very easy to start earning HealthReturns. As a Momentum Health member, you enjoy one free Health Assessment per year through the Health Platform Benefit. This assessment is the first step to earning HealthReturns and will calculate your Healthy Heart Score. Your Healthy Heart Score gives you an indication of how healthy your heart is. It can predict your chances of suffering a heart attack or stroke within the next ten years. We use the results from your health assessment, together with your smoking status, to calculate your score. Your score can be red, amber or green. Based on your results, we may recommend further assessments.
If you go for these assessments and follow the treatment protocols, this would be the second step to earning HealthReturns. The third step requires you to be active. Your activity, combined with your Multiply status and Healthy Heart Score, will determine how much you can earn. Your physical activity is measured by your number of Active Dayz™ in a month or by going for a fitness assessment.
An Active Day can be earned by:
- 1 Multiply gym visit (provided the member belongs to Virgin Active, Planet Fitness or affiliated gyms through Multiply)
- Recording 10 000 steps in a day (through a device linked to the member’s Multiply profile)
- Burning 300 calories in one exercise session (through a device linked to the member’s Multiply profile)
- Participating in a qualifying event (claimed via Entrytime online).
If multiple activities are performed on the same day, the activity that results in the best score will be used.
Standard HealthReturns are payable if you do not have both HealthSaver and Multiply Premier membership. It can be paid into your bank account or your HealthSaver account, if you have one.
Total HealthReturns are payable if you have both the HealthSaver and Multiply Premier membership and choose to receive HealthReturns into your HealthSaver account.
The difference in Standard and Total HealthReturns is known as HealthReturns Booster funds. Booster funds are available to pay for claims once standard HealthSaver funds are depleted. The balance is carried over to the following year if not used and only forfeited if your Momentum Health or HealthSaver membership is cancelled.
Momentum Health adult beneficiaries, except members on Ingwe, are eligible to qualify for HealthReturns. HealthReturns are paid by Momentum, and not by Momentum Health. Momentum only pays out HealthReturns if you're a beneficiary of Momentum Health during the month in which you qualified for HealthReturns.
A Health Assessment is your 'entry ticket' into the HealthReturns programme. If the Health Assessment is done and we have received all the results, you are automatically entered into the programme.
Important conditions to note
- No activity is rewarded before the month in which the Health Assessment results were received.
- Activity is only rewarded once Momentum has received the full set of results (cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure, waist circumference and body mass index). Please note; for those beneficiaries who do assessments at the gym, these assessments usually don't include cholesterol or blood sugar measurements and therefore don't qualify as a full Health Assessment until all the required test results have been received.
- It's your responsibility to ensure that Momentum Health receives the Health Assessment results. If you have a Health Assessment done at Clicks and Dis-Chem, your results should be submitted electronically to Momentum. If the assessment is done at a GP or other pharmacy, the results aren't always sent to us and we can't activate your HealthReturns before these results are received. You can submit your results online by logging on to Client zone, or you can send it to us via fax on 031 580 0528, or email at email@example.com.
- Health Assessment results are valid for 12 months i.e. after 12 months you have to do the assessment again. The 12 month period starts when all results are received.
- You'll receive a welcome SMS as confirmation that you've been activated on the HealthReturns programme.
- Our Health Platform benefit covers one Health Assessment annually per beneficiary
- If your membership is subject to a three-month general waiting period, you need to wait three months after your membership commences before you can start earning HealthReturns. We recommend that you go for your Health Assessment after the waiting period has expired. Your Health Assessment will then be covered from the Health Platform Benefit, and your results will immediately count as your first step towards earning HealthReturns.
Complying with further requirements
- Once you have been for your Health Assessment, we may recommend further treatment or tests, such as weigh-ins, glucose or cholesterol tests, that must be completed to continue earning HealthReturns.
- Beneficiaries registered on a chronic management programme for a Chronic Disease List condition must comply with their treatment plan to continue earning HealthReturns.
- You are considered to be compliant if you take your prescribed medication as prescribed by your treating doctor.
- Contact us should you be unsure if you will qualify.
- It's your responsibility to ensure that the Fitness Assessment result is received by Momentum Health. Please note that not all service providers forward the results to Momentum, thus it is important that you fax your results to us.
- A fitness assessment is valid for 6 months from the month in which it was performed (including the month in which it was performed).
- Fitness assessment levels determine the level at which you are awarded HealthReturns. HealthReturns earned via this method will be calculated based on the Physical Activity (FAPA score) component of the overall assessment.
- HealthReturns are accrued on a monthly basis for the next six months.
The benefit of opting for a fitness assessment to determine your physical activity is that the results are valid for 6 months. Plus, the best result of either your fitness assessment or your Active Dayz™ for the month will count towards your HealthReturns.
In other words, if the result of your fitness assessment is good, but you had 16 Active Dayz™ for the month, then your HealthReturns will be based on the 16 Active Dayz™.
You will receive a monthly SMS indicating the amount you earned by being active in the previous month. Your HealthReturns will be paid into your HealthSaver or bank account in the middle of each month.
Extra GP visits
If you maintain at least 12 Active Dayz per month for three consecutive months, have a green or amber Healthy Heart Score and have chosen to receive your HealthReturns into your HealthSaver account, you can also earn between one and four free GP visits for your family, depending on whether you are on the Custom, Incentive, Extender or Summit option. Please note that these GP visits need to be at the appropriate provider as per your option, and is valid for 12 months from the month in which it was earned.
The RateBooster benefit boosts in-hospital cover for specialists by an additional 100% of the Momentum Health Rate on the Incentive, Extender and Summit Options, which means that you will have more cover for in-hospital specialist treatment.
More on Active Dayz™
- The best result on any given day of your steps recorded, gym visits, finishing a qualifying event or activity during which you burned 300 calories, will count towards your Active Dayz™. Therefore, multiple activities are performed on the same day, the activity that results in the best score will be used.
- Similarly, the best result of either your fitness assessment or your Active Dayz™ will count towards your HealthReturns.
- You can only earn one Active Day per day.
- It's your responsibility to download the steps or calories data on your device in the allocated time (before the 10th of the following month) to ensure the correct HealthReturns are earned.
- You will receive a monthly SMS indicating the amount you earned by being active in the previous month.
- Payments are made monthly.
- A monthly SMS will be sent to you indicating the amount you will be receiving for that month. Actual payment of the HealthReturns will take place monthly with a one and a half month lag to cater for reporting delays.
- For Multiply Premier members, HealthReturns are increased. This increased payment only applies to the months in which the beneficiary is a fully paid member of Multiply Premier.
- Members who choose to receive their HealthReturns in their HealthSaver account will also earn increased HealthReturns.
- The payment arrangement referred to above, also applies if you opted to have the HealthReturns paid into your HealthSaver account.
- HealthReturns Booster funds will not be available in cash or for claims when the HealthSaver or Momentum Health membership is cancelled as it belongs to the administrator until a claim is made on an active HealthSaver contract.
- HealthReturns Booster funds do not earn interest.